1 cup red onion, cut into narrow wedges
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
1-½ tablespoon flour
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup sun dried tomatoes, julienne-cut and packed in olive oil
½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
1 packet pasta, cooked according to package directions
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. In large skillet, sauté onions in oil until onions are tender.
2. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute.
3. Stir flour into onion mixture.
4. Add wine and stir until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Add tomatoes, olives, basil, oregano and parsley and cook until heated through.
5. Gently fold in cooked pasta.
6. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Found this recipe on the net -modified as follows:
- Used 1 1/2 cups of wine (made it more potent)
- Used Cheddar cheese as I couldn’t get any parmesan cheese.
- Ate it accompanied with white wine (had to finish the rest of the bottle)
Seems like this blog is becoming more of a cookbook these days :-). Will get back to my photoblogging soon. Have many stories, just need to get down and write them . . . .