Some lessons from my recent trip to Kodai Kanal:
- Do not underestimate Bangalore traffic
- RB1 is not a separate coach number – it means B1 with RAC seat – nearly missed my train because I couldn’t find the coach.
- Railway station with the same name as the city you wish to reach may not be in the city – Kodai Kanal Road station is almost 80 km from the city
- Do not trust google maps – shows Elephant Valley Resort right next to the Kodai Lake – its around 20 km from there.
- Do not book a non-AC bus – just because you do not think you’ll need AC – the bus was uncomfortable as hell.
All excited – I got on the flight from Mumbai to Ahmedabad on Friday.
Was met by Sourin, Narottam and Harnish at the airport and we were
off to Deesa.
Met up with a few more trainees in Deesa – mostly from the army.
Nothing much to say about that night – don’t remember much of what
happened as it was all wiped out by the experiences next day.
Got up early morning – had breakfast – and went to to the Deesa
airfield (with a slight detour as we lost the way and reached a dam
Continue reading Sky Diving – The Jumps
After a lot of effort in getting more people to participate – I finally went alone for the sky-diving training this weekend. Though initially I was struck by the unprofessional approach to the arrangements made – I later realised this was due to the fact that this was a small outfit and the participants expected were only 6-10. However the initial disappointment converted to amazement and excitement – our instructor were amazing – they knew their jobs as well as made us totally confident about actually jumping from the plane.
They taught us the basics of the parachute – explained each and every thing patiently – and more importantly gave us the confidence in our equipment required to jump. They explained the safety features, the controls, everything we needed for the first jump. Now I’m really excited about the jump and waiting eagerly for the weekend to come.
Photos later. . ..