Some lessons from my recent trip to Kodai Kanal:
- Do not underestimate Bangalore traffic
- RB1 is not a separate coach number – it means B1 with RAC seat – nearly missed my train because I couldn’t find the coach.
- Railway station with the same name as the city you wish to reach may not be in the city – Kodai Kanal Road station is almost 80 km from the city
- Do not trust google maps – shows Elephant Valley Resort right next to the Kodai Lake – its around 20 km from there.
- Do not book a non-AC bus – just because you do not think you’ll need AC – the bus was uncomfortable as hell.